Friday, March 12, 2010

And We're Off! (Finally!!!)

After several months of planning, and several more months of waiting, Amber, Bryan and I have started our journey to Tamarindo, Costa Rica!  Having finished booking our flights and our hotel (La Palapa) back in October, we are more than ready to embark on our vacation.  Amber confirmed both of our room reservations this past week (though they had somehow lost Hunter's and her reservation--luckily they still had an open room!) and Bryan reserved a car via Avis last night. 

Yesterday Amber and I got pedicures with bright, happy clors and ran various errands.  I have all of my necessary precriptions (I double-checked this time!), and we spent last night cleaning house (Amber accuumed--she's so sweet!) and Bryan and I finished packing.  We manganed to fit all our things into one big bag that weighed in at 46.5 pounds--hooray for one free bag check under 50 pounds per person on international flights!  We loaded the luggage--and the dogs--into the Santa Fe and headed to Mom and Dad's in spring and bedded down for the night.

Annabelle demanded a towel for Haley's and her kennel at about midnight, so I got out of bed and found one.  Haley stole that one from Annabelle, so I had to get up at 1:30 AM to get ANOTHER towel for Annabelle--spoiled dogs, but we love them!
***Funny aside:  Mom and Dad didn't get home until around 1 am.  They were in Georgetwon, TX to watch Austin participate in a 3-student panel session with the fromer head of the CDC whose plan for vaccinations eradicated smallpox (go little brother!).  Mom forgot to tell Dad that Amber would be sleeping in Austin's room, and he burst in with Penny's dog crate, turned on the light, and asked "Why are you sleeping in here?!?"  He thought I was sleeping in Austin's bed.  Amber said, "Hi, I'm Amber," and needless to say Daddy was very sheepish and felt bad for waking her up lol!***

This morning Bryan and I woke up at 5:15 AM.  Bryan got a shower (we girls did the whole bathing thing last night) and we packed everything back up.  We fed teh girls and let them (and Penny and Missy at this point lol) outside.  Dad got up around 6 AM and we loaded up to head to the airport by 6:15AM.  Traffic was light (249 to Beltway 8 to Bush) and Dad dropped us off by 6:45 AM (yay Daddy!).  We were sent to the first class check in--no line!--and security was a breeze.  I'm glad Bryan was alert--it shows how long its been since I've flown that I tried to go to the wrong security line!  I also forgot to take my cell phone out of my pocket, but we'll just pretend to forget about that.  We grabbed breakfast at the same diner Bryan and I ate at before our honeymoon flight to Aruba and walked around the airport Borders for a bit.  I was pleasantly surprised by their selection, but figured since I was already bringing 8 books with me, I could do without another.  Unfortunately, we did forget to buy gum. 

Now, we're waiting at out gate!  Documents have been verified and we're about to board!  (Flight 645 Continental IAH-->Liberia)  Costa Rica here we come!

~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment