Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Resting Up

This morning was so much fun, but we were more than ready to go get some lunch and relax for a bit!  We went back to Buon Apetito, which is quickly becoming our favorite lunch/breakfast place.  Bryan and I both had batidos de pina, fresa y agua (water, pineapple and strawberry shakes).  I ordered the Buon Apetito sandwich and Bryan ordered that atun (tuna).  We each ate half of our own, and then switched :-).  They were both amazing.  After the sandwiches, we had some gelatto.  Bryan ordered a cone with a scoop of coconut gelatto--which he promptly dropped on the floor!  It was just like a movie:  one lick, and SPLAT!  We got him another one--this time in a cup with the cone on top lol.  I had a scoop of vanilla under a scoop of black cherry gelatto--delicious!  After lunch, Bryan and I headed back to our room.  He laid down on the padded sofa seat downstairs and I jumped in the shower.  After I got out, he was still asleep, so I decided to start reading Hood by Stephen R. Lawhead.  Bryan woke up when I sat down and decided to jump in the shower.  With all the steam from both of our showers, the room was feeling a bit stuff, so I headed out to one of the beach chairs to read and enjoy the view.

Amber and Hunter went down the beach to the left, facing the ocean, but also sat in the beach chairs briefly and collected sea shells from the beach to the far right.  They've decided to swim across the mouth of the estuary tomorrow to gain access to the far beach without having to drive a long ways.  I tried to caution them against the idea--the estuary is technically still brackish water and there have been incidents of the crocodiles coming out to the mouth--and suggested taking a boat across.  I don't think either of them took the warning all that seriously.  They said they'd be careful, but the only was to truly be careful is to NOT swim in the estuary--the water visibility does not allow for the keeping of a crocodile lookout!  Hopefully nothing untoward will happen and my worries will come to nothing.  At least I expressed my concerns.  Oh well.

Bryan came out from the room right about sunset.  We sat together reading for a bit and then decided to look for dinner.  We walked down the beach to the left to tell Hunter and Amber we were ready to eat, since we had originally planned to eat together.  However, we ended up going on our own because Hunter still needed to shower and Bryan was still feeling bad enough to want to eat early and go back to the room.  We ended up going up to one restaurant, but as we'd had a late and fairly substantial lunch, we were looking for a good salad option, and that particular place did not offer very many.

So, we left the beach and started walking down the street.  We came to the shop where we bought our sunscreen and Hunter's and my floppy hats.  Yesterday I had seen a pretty green stone pendant with silver beads hung on twine.  I had really admired it and (according to Bryan) had mentioned it several times since I had seen it.  He, being the sweet husband he is, bought it for me and helped me put it on!  The green was a nice color with my pretty brown sundress and my sandals.  I love it!!





Afterwards, we came to a restautant called Copacabana.  Looking at the menu posted outside we saw a salad called "Crusoe" that was compiled of oranges, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, avocado slices, corn, lettuce, crushed pineapple and small boiled shrimp.  It was served in half of a pineapple with a mayonnaise-based herb and honey sauce that had a bit of a kick.  It was delicious--filling and healthy AND fresh and light all at the same time!  There was also complimentary garlic toast on the side.  Bryan had a Coke to drink and I had a Sauvignon Blanc from Chile (misiones something) and water.  We ate on the "indoor" part of the open-air restaurant, facing the beach as the light faded.  It truly was a wonderful meal.


I have been very glad of my Spanish today, as neither Ronal nor the horse lady spoke good English.  That let me help get everything set up until Charlie took over.  His English was fine.  Even then though it was fun speaking Spanish to Colorado and to the two dogs who followed us on our horseback ride.  Other than that, I am a bit worried about Bryan still.  Taking the Ibuprofen and getting a good nap today has helped, but he is still coughing a lot.  I'm glad he canceled his dive trip, even though I know he's a bit disappointed about that.  As he pointed out, better disappointed then diving unable to clear and dying.  Good point.  Tomorrow will be a good day for him (and me too of course!) to relax some more, and when we get home, he'll go to the doctor.  There's a farmacia (pharmacy) right across the street, but he wants to wait until we get home.   

Anyway, we'll go back to Copacabana for breakfast tomorrow, or at least that's the current plan.  After dinner, we returned to the room where we watched parts of various TV shows and movies (hooray channel surfing in two languages!) and I read my book on the small couch downstairs while Bryan laid on the longer section.  I dosed off there at about 8:45 PM--Bryan woke me to come upstairs to bed, which is where we are now.  Time for sleep!  Tomorrow will be time to enjoy our last day on this trip NOT waking up to an alarm!  And once we do wake up--relaxing, souvenir shopping, and seashell hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment